Sunday, January 5, 2020

Perfect

Perfect

In another life
I'd be perfect for you.
Be your off-beat girlfriend,
who'd impress your parents
and tease your friends.
And only argue with you
about politics and other
topics of no consequence, til
we'd settle it all with a wrestling
match. I'd let you win.
I'd understand your need
to protect me and why sometimes
you're still a little boy.
I'd dare to run my hands
up your thigh under the table
why you do multiplication tables in your head.
And never get jealous when you look at other women.
And spend my days happy
to have found you, my nights
finding your ear with my lips
and whisper I love you.

And never worry if it was enough.

In another life
you'd be perfect for me.
Be my strong, sensitive boyfriend,
who'd shoot pool with my brother,
drink beer with my dad.
And think it perfectly
natural for a woman
to keep a wallet in her
back pocket. I'd let you pay.
You'd understand that sometimes I need to be the strong one, too
and why sometimes I need
to bury my head in your chest and forget.
You'd dare to run you hands
over my nipples while I talk
on the phone with my mom.
And never get jealous when I look at other women.
And spend your days always
discovering another side to me, your nights
showing me how many ways there are
to say I love you.

And never worry if it was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment