Monday, November 11, 2019

Flashcards

Flashcards


-->
Flashcards

I challenge my memory
with tricks and games
to remind me of what I ought to know
the fleeting knowledge
leaving my brain
untested
I need to remember these words
 

電機でsか        How are you
脱俗                       an escape from your everyday routine
恋人                          lover


Guessing/knowing the answers
on the cards, to remind
me of what I already know
intuitively
but can’t put to words
and speak out loud


はい、ありがとうございます        Yes Sir, thank you
生きがい                                       a reason for getting up in the morning
跪く                                            kneel

v. be in or assume a position in which the body is supported by a knee or the knees, as     when praying or showing submission


I made flashcards
hoping to remember
the everything of you
going over them
in between
the times of you
testing myself


わたちがやります                            I will do it
提出する                                          To submit

v. accept or yield to a superior force or to the authority or will of another person.
“To learn from example is to submit to authority.”


I’d like to take each
flashcard
and crumple them
In my hand
making a pile of memories
thoughts of you


私わ私の元恋人お欠如                                I miss my ex-lover
愛人                                                             the woman you used to fuck


I’m going to
make a pile of your memories
and take a match to them
dropping it on the pile
and watching it burn


I challenge my memory
to disremember
your voice
your touch
your place in my life
the flashcards gone
not needed anymore
the memory of you
is seared in my mind

一護一会               



11th November 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment